Analytical Blog #10

Essential Question: What are the steps in a missing persons investigation?
Jaycee Dugard's story has always been something I was aware of and really effected me. I have read both of her books, A Stolen Life and Freedom: My Book of Firsts. Dugard was held captive for eighteen years where she was sexually assualted everyday. In a previous blog, I discussed the gross negligence of the police who investigated her abduction when she was only eleven years old. This made me wonder what it takes to find an abductee and bring them home safely. I did some research to find out more.
 
The police will begin by searching the abductee's home or their last known whereabouts, then calling/ tracking their cell phone. Then they will check their texts and social media to see their last known location or any details that may lead them to there whereabouts. They will check the local hospitals to see if there is any admission of the missing person. They will then review CCTV footage and search the local land and area searches. They will have cover the story in the media to find whoever the missing person is. When they gain more leads they investigation expands but these are the initial steps in to find the person.
 
Image result for missing persons
 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quotation Blog #1

Analytical Blog #7